Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Feeling better with a change of focus

I have noticed that when I focus on myself too much that my symptoms are so much worse.  I think about what hurts, nausea, how tired I feel, blah, blah, blah.  It's like an old worn out saga with just a beginning and then wandering aimlessly in a frozen tundra with no end in sight.  I really don't like being there.  That's a good time to start feeling sorry for myself and then thinking about what the future holds and coming up with a blank page.  There's no end in sight and yet it's the end of my story.  It seems way too soon to come to an end.

One way that I stay connected and feel better is to focus on someone else.  The person I'm focusing on doesn't realize what a gift I have received in them.  It is my intention to help, but in the act of helping I am the one that receives the help.  I'm sure that many of you already know what I'm talking about and you probably actively pursue helping others even if it is something little just to brighten someone else's day.  Or paying it forward like paying for a cup of coffee for a person behind you in line at the cash register.

I also like to shop local and purchase goods from people in the community.  That benefits me and it benefits the shop owner and keeps the community vibrant.  That also applies to the fibromyalgia community.  Many people with fibromyalgia have few financial resources due to healthcare costs and the inability to work.  One fibromyalgia blog I follow,"Of Dreams and Tears", is written by an "ecclectic artist" and she has a shop, Season's Way Collectables, on Etsy.  She sells original paintings, prints, jewelry, knit and crochet items and dolls.  The artist's name is Shelah and her preferred subject is fantasy art.  It is quite beautiful with a romantic flair that has the ability to delight.  You can access her shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/Seasonsway

 Each morning I start my day by thinking about what I can do for someone else.  Mornings are the toughest for me so that's a good time to distract myself.  I would love to hear what you do that makes you feel better.  Blessings to you!


No comments: