Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A hair loss remedy discovered accidentally

Before I talk about what I discovered I would like to begin by saying this blog is not a substitution for medical advice and I am in no way suggesting that this supplement will regrow your hair.  I am simply relating my own personal experience.

One of the most distressing things about being chronically ill was the hair loss I was experiencing.  My hair was falling out in clumps, I had very little hair on my arms and legs, and my eyelashes had become sparse and very short.  I experienced hair loss for a number of years and any time I became stressed, such as during my divorce and the subsequent long distance move from Minnesota to California, my hair loss would be alarming.  I attempted to communicate my concern with my primary care doctor, but the doctor wasn't even vaguely interested in this concern.  I tried a number of over-the-counter products, which are pricey, but none of the products that are specifically for hair loss worked.  I feared that I would soon be bald headed and have to start looking at buffing products instead!

Two years ago I was seeing a young rheumatologist that was interested in neurotransmitters and she checked my neurotransmitter levels several times.  The result of this test demonstrated that I was deficient in most neurotransmitters so the rheumatologist advised me to take a supplement produced by NeuroSciences.  This supplement was prescribed to improve my neurotransmitter levels and I was advised to take it at night, because it would help me sleep too.  The supplement consists of amino acids, which are essential nutrients.  The difference between this product and a vitamin is that these amino acids are in the form of micro nutrients, which makes it easier for the body to utilize the nutrients.  After taking this supplement for several months I noticed that my arms had more hair and there was more hair growing around my hairline.  It wasn't too long after that when I noticed that short, little clumps of hair were sticking out on the top of my head and more hair had grown on my legs too.  I also noticed that my eyelashes had become longer and a little thicker.  The only thing I had changed was adding this supplement to my medication regimen.  The doctor had prescribed two capsules at night, but since I had more hair growing where I didn't want it I started taking one capsule a day at bedtime and two capsules at bedtime on Wednesday and Saturday.  The name of the supplement is TravaCor and I purchase it online.  It usually sells for $60 for 120 capsules.  I have read that some people do notice side effects, but I didn't notice any adverse reactions.

I hypothesized that my gut issues have prevented the uptake of essential nutrients, but my body more easily uptakes the micro nutrients in TravaCor.  My hair has regrown to look like it did 20 years ago.  I don't mind paying the $60 because I have noticed a difference, which I didn't see with regular vitamins and vitamins aren't cheap either.  When I told the rheumatologist that TravaCor helped my hair regrow she looked at me blankly and then started talking about something else.  Doctors just don't seem to be interested in whether we look good or not, but losing hair is sure distressing to people -- guys included.  I would suspect that male pattern baldness would not benefit from this supplement, because this is a genetic issue and not a nutrition issue, but I could be wrong about that.  If you decide to try this supplement let me know what your experience is.  This product is not prescribed for hair growth, but for me that has been the greatest benefit.  Blessings to you!  . . . P.S. This product also helped my nails grow better and the splits disappeared too.

No comments: