Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Road Rash Rules of Life

Anyone that rides a motorcycle is aware that road rash may be lurking right around the next corner.  Not the desired outcome of an enjoyable carefree ride with a stiff breeze in your face.  One second you're upright just moving on down the road, your front tire hits a little antifreeze on the road surface -- BAM --road rash!  It's like that with fibromyalgia.  One second you're cruising through life having a great time and the next second you're down -- BAM -- fibromyalgia road rash!  And you never even saw it coming.  All that defensive living didn't amount to a hill of beans.  What the heck is up with that??!  You might as well go out and eat a donut and a big bowl of ice cream . . . and gain about 20 to 30 pounds in the process.

I keep thinking about how I could have avoided that fibro road rash, but I guess if I couldn't even see it coming and I thought I was being a defensive liver of life, what would I have been looking for anyway?  I can tell you it certainly took me by surprise and I'm sure it did you too.  So where are the rules of the fibro road?  I have been up many a sleepless night working to put that puzzle together and looking on the Internet for the rules of the fibro road manual, but I haven't located it yet.  So, I guess that is up to all of us tof write.


Wouldn't it be nice if we would have been traveling down our life road and saw the sign that said "Danger -- Fibromyalgia Ahead --Take the Detour!  Kind of like those signs that warn about the bridge being out.  There have been plenty of times when I have wanterd to do that rewind and take that detour that must have been marked.  Maybe I just missed that sign, because I was having way too much fun.  But that's useless time spent wishing for the rewind.  Instead I focus on the wound care for a bad case of fibro road rash.  And it's really great because we all share our thoughts and ideas about how to treat those invisible wounds.  As bad as road rash is, it would be preferable to the fibro road rash we manage every day.  At least basic road rash would be more predictable to treat.  Oh well, at least I have very good company on this fibro road and I am eternally grateful for that.  Thanks for all the support and comraderie and all the love too.  Hey, just a quick question -- Do you think it would have helped if we would have been wearing full leathers??  Blessings to you as you travel on down the road, which ever road you are traveling at this time!

No comments: